Pictish Bullian Stone carving
The Bullion Stone was recovered in 1933 from from Bullion, Invergowrie, Angus during the construction of the bypass road. The original slab was 6'2" long, 2'5" broad and 5 3/4" thick, and was of red sandstone. The carving was dated to around c. 900 - 950. It depicts a horseman with sword and shield drinking from an ox horn with the head of a bird at the end. . Now housed in the National Museum of Scotland, Edinburgh.
This replica carving is rendered in resin and stained in a stone colour which gives it an authentic feel and look. It measures 90 mm wide, 150 mm tall and 26 mm thick.
It comes with a hook on the back for hanging or can be left free standing.